Our clients range from artists, photographers, and designers to contractors, consultants, and solicitors. Most of these businesses are SMEs – small and medium enterprises.
SMEs are a vital contributor to the economy, and to the shape of the workforce in general. There are almost 250,000 SMEs active in Ireland, employing nearly a million people, and in 2017 these businesses were the source of over 70% of all non-financial jobs in Ireland.
A small business:
- Employs fewer than 50 people
- Has an annual turnover not exceeding €12 million
- Has a balance sheet total not exceeding €6 million
A medium business:
- Employs between 50 and 250 people
- Has an annual turnover not exceeding €50 million
- Has a balance sheet total not exceeding €20 million
For businesses like these, we process payroll, prepare and file tax and VAT returns, and provide company compliance services – and if you’re looking to set up an SME of your own, we can also take care of company formation.