Registering with myAccount

If you want to keep an eye on the various goings on of your tax affairs, and to access a range of Revenue services, you’d be doing yourself a favour to register with myAccount.

Here, you’ll be able to update your personal details, make payments to Revenue, submit returns, and even apply for any applicable tax reliefs and incentives.

You can register for myAccount if you’re a PAYE, LPT, or new taxpayer, or if you’re a business customer. You’ll just need your PPSN, date of birth, phone number, email address, and home address.

If you already have a MyGovID, you don’t actually need to register for myAccount – you’ll be able to login already.

However, if you do need to register, simply go to ‘Register Now’ on the myAccount homepage, and follow the instructions (with your personal details to hand).

It’s a quick and easy process, and once complete, you will be sent a temporary password in the post.

Ceasing employment through myAccount

When you leave a job, your employer will usually be the one to notify Revenue.

However, if they fail to do so, you can make the notification yourself.

Log in to myAccount – as well as being able to review all your pay and income tax deductions as reported by your employer, you’ll also be able to check if they’ve made the proper notification of ceased employment.

Simply navigate to the ‘Update Job or Pension Details’ section under ‘PAYE Services’. Here, you can cease your old job.

So if you haven’t already, get yourself registered with myAccount.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.