Paying tax on Social Welfare Payments

The short answer is, if social welfare payments are your only source of income, probably not. However, if you have other sources of income, such as an occupational pension, it could bring the social welfare payment into the tax net. […]

VAT rules for Trade in the EU

VAT rules for Trade in the EU

Intrastat is the system for collecting statistics on the movement of goods (not services) between EU member states. The information is used by various government departments, economists and financial institutions. There are two separate Intrastat requirements. All VAT-registered traders must include details of goods to/from EU on the VAT3 return. Larger traders must complete a more detailed monthly return. […]

Registering your company for tax.

How to Register your Company for Tax

Once you have formed your company with the Companies Registration Office, you will need to separately register your company for taxes. Form TR2 can be used to register for a number of taxes, including Corporation Tax, VAT and Employers PAYE…

Filing your Annual Return.

How to File Your Annual Return

Every Irish company is obliged to make an annual return to the Companies Registration Office (CRO). This annual return comprises Form B1, to which must be attached a set of financial statements (accounts)…