As the UK’s departure from the EU enters its transition phase, the Irish government has released a Brexit Preparedness Checklist. The checklist will help firms continue to trade smoothly with the UK after Brexit. The checklist is available to download from the Department of Business, Enterprise and Innovation.
The transition phase of Brexit will last until 31st December 2020. During this time, the UK’s trading relationship with the EU will not change. These preparedness guidelines seek to mitigate any disruption that might result from a No Deal Brexit at the end of the year.
The department has also launched a digital booklet, ‘Getting Your Business Brexit Ready – Practical Steps’. The guide features nine steps that all business can consider following to ensure the best preparation for Brexit:
- Review your supply chain and UK market strategy
- Understand the new rules for importing from or exporting to the UK
- Be aware of possible changes to transport and logistics for goods transiting via the UK
- Review all your regulation, licencing and certification requirements
- Review your contracts and your data management
- Manage your cash flow, currency and banking
- Protect and inform your staff
- Take advantage of Government Brexit programmes and supports
- Know more about the impact on your sector
In addition to the downloadable guidelines linked above, more information can be found on the CRO’s website.
We offer a no-obligation introductory meeting where we can discuss the accounting services you require and how our team can help you.
The Fidelia Team