How much do employers receive for each person recruited?
There are two levels of payment:
If the person has been unemployed for more than 12 months but less than 24 months, the employer will receive:
€7,500 in monthly payments over two years.
If the person has been unemployed for more than 24 months, the employer will receive:
€10,000 in monthly payments over two years.
What employers can avail of the scheme?
Employers who are registered as a PAYE employer in the:
- Not-for-profit or,
- Voluntary sectors.
Who is eligible for recruitment?
Anyone in receipt of Jobseeker’s payment for 12 months or more.
Must be recruited after or on July 1st 2013 and either,
Unemployed for 12 months (312 days) and on the Live Register, in the previous 18 months or,
Unemployed for 24 months (624 days) and on the Live Register, in the previous 30 months.
Is the money received taxed?
No, the receipts are not subject to tax.
What kind of employment must be provided?
Full time employment of over 30 hours per week spread out over at least four days a week.
Employee must be on the payroll and subject to PAYE and PRSI.
How do I apply for the initiative?
- Log on to www.jobsplus.ie and complete the online application form.
- The Department of Social Protection will review the application and inform you of their decision
- Once reviewed, contact employment services to search for suitable candidates for the position open at your business.
- The successful candidate will log on to www.jobsplus.ie and request a JP1 form.
- They will be sent a JP1 form which he/she will bring to you, the employer.
- You complete one half of the form, sign it and send it back to the Department.
The Department will notify you if the application has been successful.
What if the application is unsuccessful?
You can request a review of the decision from a higher officer in the Department.
To register your company or for more information visit:
All of the information above was acquired from www.welfare.ie.